28 November 2007
STEP AWAY FROM THE BUTTON!!!!
After losing 4 of 5 (3 of 4 on the road) many of my fellow Avs bloggers seem to be inching towards this button. Coach Q has been called out and analyzed so many times you'd think he was coaching the Leafs. Even the normally reserved and thoughtful AvalancheDB boards (the only Avalanche message boards that don't make me want to question humanity and the general intelligence level of the population) had the first "He's teh suXor" post I can remember (4th post in the thread). I'm sure the official boards are filled with even worse garbbaldy gook.
The criticism is certainly valid, as Q has left himself open to it by making some bizarre decisions. (Playing Skrastins at all, goalie rotation, scratching Guite), all of which DD astutely points out. The season is long though, I don't think it's time to bring out the pitchforks and torches just yet.
I wanted to make this point clear though so I'm moving it from the Inthecheapseats comments. Here's a list of teams that have gone through worse rough spots the last few seasons:
- 2006-2007 Anaheim Ducks, During one stretch lost 9 of 11
- 2005-2006 Carolina Hurricanes Over one stretch lost 6 of 8 and 3 of 4 a few times
- 2003-2004 Tampa Bay Lightning Went 0-3-1, then lost 4 in a row. Had a stretch where they were 4-12-4
- 2002-2003 NJ Devils Lost 4 of 5, twice and 4 of 6 two more times
- 2001-2002 Detroit Red Wings Lost 4 of 5 and 5 in a row at one point.
|< Prev||Next >|