17 November 2007
What I really wanted to talk about today was the Stars announcers, who were absolutely magnificent with their word play last night. Honestly I thought they were sitting with a dictionary in front of them looking for ways to work big words into the broadcast all evening. Unfortunately they didn't use the words correctly, but here's a list of big words (including one that isn't a word) that was used last night, and honestly I'm sure I missed some because I FFD'd through the game after the second period and I didn't start writing them down until I was thoroughly amused.
- regurgitated- As in "Mike Smith regurgitated Joe Sakic on that shot... Think he meant "stoned, robbed, stopped, denied. Any of those would have done
- Ironic- hard to get too mad because most people use this word incorrectly, however the correct word would have been coincidentally.
- Succulent- A succulent rebound for Ryan Smyth
- tourniquet- Budaj in to put a tourniquet on this thing, after Theo was pulled. (Coincidentally this was the one i thought was used most appropriately) And my personal favorite:
- Disputation- Finger and Ott involved in a little disputation in front of the net.
|< Prev||Next >|