04 March 2010
@zyllyx (Coyotes Fan) Avs fans are nervously anticipating the inevitable Wolski goal tonight.That was a tweet, by me, at about 8:30 the morning of the game. And here's my tweet exactly 7 minutes after Dater announced the trade yesterday:
If you know a bookie place a bet that Wolski scores against the Avs Thursday night. It's gonna happen.
10:47 AM Mar 3rd via web
I should have actually placed that bet. The worst part is that no Avs fan thinks I'm some kind of sage or prophet or anything, because ALL of us knew it was coming. And just to make sure all former Avs don't feel left out, Radim Vrbata scored an empty netter just as time expired
Vrbata now has 8 goals and 11 points in 12 games since 2006 against the Avs (earliest Hockey reference goes back). That's a .917PPG against the Avs. His career PPG is .534
Let's take a look at some other former Avs (since 2006, since that's the earliest Hockey-reference.com goes back):
- Dan Hinote: 4G, 6 points in 11 games, .545PPG. Career PPG: .179
- Andrew Raycroft: 1-0-0 GAA: 0.00 Shutout. Career Save%: .899
- Peter Forsberg: Only 1 Game against: 2 assists including knocking the Avs out of the playoffs for the first time.
- Brad Richardson: 2 Games against, 1 goal.
- Andrew Brunette: 2G, 7 points in 12 games against
- Alex Tanguay: 2G, 14 Points in 17 games against
- Jose Theodore: 1-1-0 .907 save %
- Rob Blake: 2G, 9points in 13 games against
- Paul Kariya: 4G, 6 points in 10 games against
- Teemu Selanne: 9G, 12 Points in 12 goals against
- Chris Drury: 1G 3 points in 4 games against
Hell here's the list of players of former Avs who have played more than 1GA and haven't been very good against the Avs: Martin Skoula, and Derrek Morris. This is obviously not a complete list, but it's a pretty thorough one as far as I'm concerned.
So yes, it's pretty much a nightmare whenever a former Av plays the Avs. Tonight Wolski just added himself to a long, and very distinguished, list of former Avs kicking our ass. What a nightmare
|< Prev||Next >|